The Cyprus Citizenship by Investment Programme (CIP) is known for being the fastest route to a European citizenship, taking only 6 months. Initially launched back in 2002 to raise the country’s capital and boost the economy, the programme has been revised by the Cypriot government multiple times throughout the years.
Although various investment options are available, real estate (combined with a non-refundable contribution) stands as the most popular choice and only 700 non-European main applicants per year are accepted as new citizens. Cypriot citizenship grants the applicants and their families the right to reside, work and study in any of the 28 European member states.
WHY CHOOSE CYPRUS
Located in the South-Eastern Mediterranean Sea, Cyprus is the business gateway between the European Union, Asia, Middle East and Africa, that thrives on attracting significant international business and is emerging as one of the world’s best investment destinations today.
The third largest island in the Mediterranean is also an exceptional holiday destination. With miles and miles of beautiful beaches, pleasant climate, laidback lifestyle and unique cultural traditions, it is a popular all year tourism destination.
Benefits of the Cypriot CIP:
- the right to live, work, and study in all 28 member countries of the EU
- visa free or visa on arrival travel to 176 destinations
- inclusion of spouse, dependent children and parents
- no restrictions on dual citizenship
- access to high standard healthcare and education system
- attractive tax benefits (no taxes for non-domiciled individuals)
- citizenship transferable to descendants
- one of the safest countries with extremely low crime rate
- strategic geographical location
To qualify, applicants need to fulfil ONE of the financial requirements below: