Introduced already in 1993, the Citizenship by Investment Programme of Dominica is one of the longest-running economic citizenship programmes in the world. It was created to fund major development works on the island, especially those related to the damage of the hurricanes.
As of 2020, Dominica has secured the first place as the world's best CBI programme for four consecutive years, as it balances an excellent reputation for meeting the needs of investors with low cost, quick and efficient application processing, strong due diligence and a special focus on family reunification.
WHY CHOOSE DOMINICA
While Caribbean islands are famous for their breathtaking beaches and crystal clear waters, Dominica, officially known as the Commonwealth of Dominica, is an extremely unique location with its untouched wildlife, lush rainforests and magical waterfalls. Locally known as the “Nature Island”, Dominica enjoys one of the lowest crime rates in the region and its citizens are known to be some of the happiest people on earth.
Benefits of the Dominican CBI:
- fast and efficient application processing (3-4 months)
- visa-free or visa on arrival access to more than 140 countries
- inclusion of spouse, dependent children, parents, grandparents and siblings
- no residency requirement
- attractive tax benefits (no wealth, gift, inheritance, foreign income or capital gains tax)
- no restrictions on dual citizenship
To qualify, applicants need to fulfil ONE of the financial requirements below: