The Immigrant Investor Programme was launched in 2012 by the Irish government in order to encourage inward investment for the creation of business and employment opportunities. It allows high net worth non-European investors (with personal wealth of at least EUR 2,000,000) to acquire a residency status in Ireland in exchange for a major investment.
There are currently four eligible investment options available for the Immigrant Investor Programme, each of which will grant the investor a permanent residency for 5 years. This route also gives the applicants a chance to apply for citizenship after they have physically fulfilled the residency requirement.
WHY CHOOSE IRELAND
Ireland, an island in the North Atlantic, is geopolitically divided into two: The Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland (part of the United Kingdom). Its geographic isolation has helped it form a rich heritage of culture and traditions, and its unique mythology and folklore continues to draw in tourists from all over the world.
The Irish economy is one of the fastest growing in the Eurozone and Ireland’s education system is amongst the top 10 globally. It has also been ranked as one of the best countries for business (by Forbes Magazine).
Benefits of the Irish IIP:
- fast and straightforward application process (3-4 months)
- the right to live, work, study and settle in Ireland
- the right to operate a business in Ireland
- visa free travel throughout UK and CTA
- inclusion of spouse and dependent children
- low residency requirement
- excellent education opportunities
- the opportunity to apply for Irish citizenship after 5 years of residency
To qualify, applicants need to fulfil ONE of the financial requirements below: