Unlike other European citizenship programmes that were created to stimulate a critical economy, Malta Exceptional Investment Naturalisation (previously known as Malta Individual Investor Programme) was introduced in 2013 to an economy already on the rise. Today, Malta continues to maintain steady economic growth, and its citizens enjoy the highest quality of life Europe has to offer.
While a minimum investment of EUR 800,000 seems like a lot of money, Malta’s programme remains the cheapest route to a European citizenship. It also has an overall cap of 1,500 successful applicants for the entire programme - citizenship is granted only to highly respectable and qualified individuals.
WHY CHOOSE MALTA
Located in between Europe and Africa, Malta’s stable economy lies on its strategic trade location, pro-business policies and strong corporate base. With a population of almost half a million and limited natural resources to depend on, Malta is continuously innovating new ways to grow and attract investors and entrepreneurs.
From being the first in the European Union to successfully regulate the online gambling industry in 2004 and blockchain and crypto businesses in 2018, to exploring Artificial Intelligence as its new economic niche, Malta’s active hunt for new talent and foreign capital leads to attractive incentives.
Benefits of the Maltese EIN:
- the right to live, work, and study in all 28 member countries of the European Union
- visa-free or visa on arrival access to more than 180 countries
- inclusion of spouse, dependent children, parents and grandparents
- well-established and high-quality healthcare and education
- low crime rates
- high standard of living, at relatively low cost
- an efficient taxation system (no estate, inheritance or gift tax)
To qualify, applicants need to fulfil ALL of the financial requirements below: