Launched in 2015, the Malta Permanent Residence Programme (previously known as the Malta Residence and Visa Program) enables international investors to take up a permanent Maltese residency, in exchange for an investment. The programme allows non-European nationals to relocate to Malta and stay there indefinitely.
The best part of the MPRP is that it offers its investors the chance to become a naturalised Maltese citizen after just 5 years of permanent residency, and subsequently to become a citizen of the European Union altogether.
Because of the popularity of the MPRP programme, it comes with an unsurprising high level of scrutiny, put in place to ensure only the most suitable, highly-respected people are given a Maltese permanent residency.
WHY CHOOSE MALTA
Located in between Europe and Africa, Malta’s stable economy lies on its strategic trade location, pro-business policies and strong corporate base. With a population of almost half a million and limited natural resources to depend on, Malta is continuously innovating new ways to grow and attract investors and entrepreneurs.
From being the first in the European Union to successfully regulate the online gambling industry in 2004 and blockchain and crypto-businesses in 2018, to exploring Artificial Intelligence as its new economic niche, Malta’s active hunt for new talent and foreign capital leads to attractive incentives.
Benefits of the Maltese PRP:
- a lifetime Maltese residency with the right to live, work, study and settle
- visa free travel through Europe and the Schengen Area
- inclusion of spouse, dependent children, parents and grandparents
- well-established and high-quality healthcare and education
- low crime rates
- high standard of living, at relatively low cost
- an efficient taxation system (no estate, inheritance or gift tax)
- a cost-efficient route to naturalisation as a Maltese citizen
- no residency requirement
To qualify, applicants need to fulfil ALL of the financial requirements below: