Launched in the beginning of 2019, Montenegro Citizenship by Investment Programme is one of the newest ones on the market and it is already giving other programmes a run for their money. It requires the applicants to invest into a government-approved development project and make a capital contribution to a fund designated by the government.
It is one of the few programmes that comes with an expiry date – end of 2021, and within the three years of operation, only 2000 applicants will be accepted. The program is set to attract high net worth individuals who are interested in becoming citizens of a future European Union member country (Montenegro is predicted to join the EU by 2025).
WHY CHOOSE MONTENEGRO
Montenegro, a small Balkan country located in southeast Europe, is known for its breathtaking beauty. The country regained its independence only in 2006 and has since been one of the fastest growing tourism markets in the world. Listed among “50 Places of a Lifetime” (by National Geographic Traveler), the country offers a picturesque coastline, ancient towns and beautiful mountain landscapes with multiple ski resorts.
It is also known for its rich and unique cultural heritage, drawing characteristics from both Western and Eastern civilizations. Classified as one of the fastest growing economies in the Balkans, it is quickly becoming a prime destination for investors from all over the world.
Benefits of the Montenegrin CBI:
- fast application process (residency within 3 weeks, citizenship in 5-6 months)
- visa free or visa on arrival travel to 124 destinations
- inclusion of spouse and dependent children
- no residency requirements
- no restrictions on dual citizenship
- political and economic stability
- strategic European location
- member country of NATO and a candidate for the EU expansion
- access to the US E-2 Investor Visa
To qualify, applicants need to fulfil the financial requirement below: